If you’ve ever gone camping, you know how important it is to keep your tools in good condition and ready to use. You don’t have to ship the ensemble or select components to the manufacturer when you can do it yourself with the ninja food processor. As far as DIY projects go, blade sharpening will take some practice, but the average user can complete it.
As you may be aware, as convenient as blenders are, regular use causes the blades to dull.
Instead of purchasing a new food processor, knowing how to sharpen ninja blender sharpen blades is beneficial.
They are made up of four primary blades. Two of the blades are pointing down, while the other two are pointing up. The only sharpen blades are those that point up.
- Dull blades are never an issue with new ninja benders, even if you’ve had and used one for a few years.
- The blender blades on such devices could benefit from re-sharpening. You can do this at home if you have the right tools and techniques.
- To sharpen your Ninja’s blades and restore them to their pureeing, chopping, dicing, and blending capabilities, unplug it first.
- The blender jug must be placed aside. Disconnect it from the base, specifically the large sitting portion encased in plastic and housing the motor. You can now choose to wash the plastic container if you intend to blend a smoothie immediately after sharpening the blade. Once the sharpening process is complete, you can clean it again. Clean the rest of the device at the same time; a gentle dishwasher and a brush or cloth will suffice.
Quick Tip: If your blender model allows you to remove the blender jug and blender blades as one unit, fill your sink with warm soapy water and place the container inside. Wash away to help the soap water loosen the seal that has formed between the jug and the blades. You want a clean blender that hasn’t harmed any of its parts. The blades work in tandem with the rest of the device to produce perfect smoothies. Moving on…
- It is now time for you to remove the blender blades.
- The base that holds the sharpen blades to the jug is located at the bottom of the jug. Counterclockwise twist the base will easily slip away in your hands.
- Put the jug in a soft safe, especially if it’s one of those Ninja models with glass blender jars.
- The base in your hand is a seal with the blades firmly attached to it.
- Remove the parts as needed and store them close to the jug. The blades should be left alone.
- Rinse the blades in warm soapy water once more. Are there any particles on the blade? Is there any food that has become hard? Brush the surface clean.
Tools Required to Sharpen Blades of a Ninja Blender:
You’ll need to use your outdoor skills now. A blade sharpening stone is required. If you don’t know how to do this part, a simple YouTube video can help you get the hang of it.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands in case the blades slip from your fingers. As you were taught, run one of the blade edges along the sharpening stone.
- Remember to never slide the stone over the blade. Because the blade is always in contact with the stone, the momentum with which you quickly move the blade across the rough stone surface will generate friction and heat to sharpen the edge. The effect will be weaker if you slide the stone directly; this is a property of physics.
- The most secure and recommended method is to slide the blade away from your body, never inward. This is not only a prudent move but it is also required if you want to achieve the previously mentioned friction and heat.
- Each blender blade (generally four) has two backs and two fronts (the upper curved portions and the lower curved portions). You must turn the blades over as needed and sharpen each one individually.
Things to Remember
After you have completed this step according to what you have learned, you should check to see if the blades are as sharp as you require. Simply cut a vegetable or fruit slice and, once satisfied with the smoothness, reassemble the blades.
- Place sharpen blender blades on the jug’s base.
- Before disassembling, reattach the seal or wax ring as you saw it.
- Check for integrity by twisting the twain clockwise.
- Connect the jug to the blender base, specifically the countertop piece.
- Plug it in, secure the lid just in case, and give those blades sharp a spin to see how they’re doing.
Step 1: Disconnect the Ninja Blenders from the power supply
Remembering the phrase “safety first,” your first and most important task is to unplug the ninja blenders from the power source. If you continue to connect the blender to electricity, you risk having an accident at work.
Disconnect the blender from the power supply before starting work to prevent any unforeseen incidents (electric shock). Make sure your hand is completely dry before removing the ninja blender from the power source.
Step 2: Take the jar out of the base
The most important task in this step is to remove the ninja blender jar. Separate the plastic or glass jar from the blender base slowly and with care. The jar should then be cleaned and stored in a secure location.
It would be preferable if you could clean the base as well as the jar. In this case, you can thoroughly clean the base with a brush or damp towel.
However, cleaning the blender pitcher and base is not required because you can clean them after sharpening the blades and before reassembling the blender’s entire assembly.
Step 3: Remove the ninja blender blades from the base
You must separate the blades from the base. If you don’t know how to disassemble a Ninja blender blade, Then, using your ninja blender’s user manual, try to separate the blades.
Sharpening the blades would be difficult if they were attached to the base. As a result, you must completely remove the blades from the blender’s base. The blades can then be sharpened without being obstructed.
The base can be seen at the bottom of the food processor. It is holding the blender’s blades with the jar. Wear protective gloves and hold the base with your left hand slowly and with great care. Then, using your right hand, turn the blades counterclockwise and remove them one at a time from the base.
In a nutshell, separate the blades from the base based on your preferences. Place the blades on the table separately after separating them.
Step 4: Thoroughly clean the blades
You must clean your blender’s blades after removing them from the base. To clean the blades, soak a toothbrush in white vinegar or soapy water. Brush the blades with a brush dipped in white vinegar or soapy water until they are thoroughly clean.
If the blades are not clean after this method, you can clean them with a polident tablet mixed with water. However, you must leave the blades in the mixture for more than 30 minutes during this process.
Step 5: Sharpen the Ninja Blender blades
This is the most important and main step in this article. Your job in this step is to sharpen the blades. Each of the four blades must be sharpened separately.
Take a blade in your left hand and a sharpening plate or rod in your right hand to sharpen the blades. Then, across the four sides of the blade, run the sharpening plate or rod.
After a few passes with the sharpening plate or rod over the four sides of the blade, run your finger over the blade to see if it has become sharpened.
Sharpen the other three blades in the same manner as you did the first. Sharpen the dull blades thoroughly until all of them are sharp.
Important: When sharpening the blades, keep a safe physical distance. Wear protective gloves until the job is finished, and try to sharpen the blades slowly. Don’t try to sharpen the blades too quickly. Otherwise, the blade may sever your hand.
After sharpening is complete, repeat step four to clean the blades. After that, air dries the blades or dry them with a towel.
Step 6: Examine the sharpness of the blades
If you can complete the steps outlined above, your work is nearly complete. Check that the blades are sharp enough in this step.
Reassemble your Ninja blender and plug it into power to check the blades’ sharpness. Then, add some ingredients to the blender and check the sharpness of the blades.
If you were able to sharpen the blades sufficiently, it means that all of your efforts were successful.
- POWERFUL MOTOR: 1500-watt motor base to power through ingredients whether your blending or food processing.
- BLENDING PITCHER: 72 oz. Total Crushing Pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies. 64 oz. max liquid capacity
- FOOD PROCESSOR BOWL: 8-Cup Food Processor Bowl provides perfect, even chopping and makes up to 2 lbs. of dough in 30 seconds.
- TO-GO CUP: 16 oz. Nutri Ninja Cup with To-Go Lid is perfect for creating personalized juices and smoothies to take on the go.
- DOUGH BLADE INCLUDED: Use the Dough Blade to mix up doughs and the Chopping Blade to process ingredients for recipes.
You may now understand how to sharpen a ninja blender’s blades after reading the above tips and tricks. However, if you want to get the most out of your ninja blender and its blades, you must follow the ninja blender model user manual as well as some additional tips and tricks.
What is the lifespan of Nutri Ninja?
Ninja appliances come with a one-year warranty, but this does not guarantee that they will last more than 365 days under normal use. Some customers even express disappointment that their Nutri Ninja, despite frequent use, only lasted a few months. But your Ninja can last years if you take excellent care of it and use the guarantee if necessary.
Are blender blades dulled by ice?
Putting ice cubes in your blender might cause the blade to become dull unless you have a powerful blender that can handle the task. Likewise with large pieces of frozen fruit.
How frequently should blender blades be changed?
The only time you will ever need to replace them is if they are dropped or suffer damage from incorrect use.
Last update on 2022-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API