Rice is a staple food in many countries, including Korea. Rice consumption per capita in Korea ranks the highest among all other East Asian Countries. Korean restaurants serve delicious dishes that are best paired with steamed white rice. So what’s the best type of cooker to use for cooking your favorite dish? And which one should you buy? Read on to see our list of the six best Korean rice cookers!
Choosing the best Korean rice cookers with inviting designs and appearances is intricate. You will consider various factors in the procedure, for instance, whether it can help cook various yummy foods without using much energy.
It would help if you chose a perfect rice cooker, don’t forget to consider its dimensions, materials, capacities, and most importantly, brand.
At a Glance:
How To Choose The Best Korean Rice Cookers?
A rice cooker is becoming more effective on/off kitchen appliances. Some of them have features we could only dream about ten years ago. How do you know what model is the best for your household with a slew of various rice cookers available today? To find out, read the guide below:
Capacity: When it comes to shopping for a rice cooker, size is one of the most significant factors. You might not want to splurge on anything you can’t make full use of, do you? Most household rice cookers are available in three sizes: 3 cups, 5 cups, and 10 cups. For individuals who cook for one to five people, a 3-cup rice cooker is perfect. 5 cups and 10 cups of rice cookers are suggested for medium to big households.
Cost: You must consider the budget before shopping for a rice cooker with the best features. For individual homemakers, the number one determining factor is the price of a kitchen appliance. You want to concentrate your attention on the styles inside your price range while shopping for a rice cooker. It will assist you in narrowing down your decisions.
Features and Functionalities: If you are not that critical about the most advanced features and are happy with just white steamed rice daily, you can make do with the primary cook/keep a warm rice cooker. However, you should go for rice cookers with an immersion heating system, fuzzy logic technology, and micro computerized technology if you don’t mind paying some extra cash and want a flexible kitchen gadget.
All these features supposedly result in better rice because of even heat distribution. The unit can adjust temperature and cooking time according to what type of rice you are cooking is something to watch out for longer.
Such rice cookers have various rice settings that perfectly cook multiple types of rice or grains (white rice, brown rice, sushi, oats, etc.). Many models have LCD panels that allow you to navigate through the menu easily. Some rice cookers can steam vegetables and bake a small cake in a particular setting.
Style: Although the styling is unnecessary, you want a rice cooker that will compliment your kitchen’s overall theme. Manufacturers understand this, which is why today we can see numerous types and colors of rice cookers.
- How To Choose The Best Korean Rice Cookers?
- How to Use The Best Korean Rice Cooker?
- Things To Keep In Mind Before Buying Korean Rice Cookers:
- Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5-1/2-Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and Warmer
- Cuckoo CR-0631F 6-cup Multifunctional Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer
- Zojirushi NP-GBC05XT Induction Heating System Rice Cooker and Warmer
- Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
- Cuckoo CRP-P0609S 6 cups Electric Heating Pressure Rice Cooker & Warmer
- Cuckoo CR-0655F Rice Cooker & Warmer
- Summary of Best Korean Rice Cookers
- What is special about a Korean rice cooker?
- What brand of rice cookers is the best?
- Are all cuckoo rice cookers made in Korea?
- How do I choose a rice cooker?
- How long can I keep rice in a Korean rice cooker?
How to Use The Best Korean Rice Cooker?
If you have a rice cooker lying idle in your kitchen, it will be amazing to know that there are many other ways to use it while guaranteeing excellent results. Cooking with the appliance will require that you follow the necessary rice cooker instructions, thus obtaining the desired results.
You can easily prepare your favorite rice using a rice cooker than cooking the same using a stovetop or a stove. All you need to do is measure the appropriate amount of rice using the available measuring cup and rinse it properly before commencing with the cooking process.
Once thoroughly cleaned, drain it, and at this point, you could choose to soak it for a few minutes based on your preference.
Then put the rice in the inner pot and place it inside the rice cooker before covering the lid. Plug the rice cooker, switch it on and allow the rice to cook according to the rice cooker instructions.
Your rice cooker will switch off automatically when the cooking process is complete but do not lift the lid until the steam has escaped allowing the rice to cook properly. Leave the rice in the cooker for 10 to 15 minutes before opening the lid.
Things To Keep In Mind Before Buying Korean Rice Cookers:
Buying a rice cooker is an excellent investment because it helps you cook one of the world’s best staples in record time and with absolute ease. If you can’t eat a bowl of decent rice any time, maybe you’re doing something wrong. So,
• How do you know which rice cooker to get, though?
• Do you want one that makes rice, oatmeal, and soup?
• Would you want one that is safe for dishwashing and provides slow cooking?
• Would you get one that makes rice for only one of five family members?
Our website has a handy guide, a how-to purchasing guide, pros & cons, and extensive online reviews. We have everything you need to determine the best rice cooker for you.
Choosing a rice cooker that fits your current requirements and style can be very complicated. If you don’t use a website like ours to help you decide, you might have a lot of trouble choosing the right rice cooker.
Our guide can help you pick the best rice cooker for your needs by wading through all the essential information.
Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5-1/2-Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker and WarmerStaff Pick
|Dimension||13 x 8.13 x 10.13 inches|
What allows it to stand out among the rest is the use of smart devices by Neuro-Fuzzy. It helps the rice cooker change the heating times and cook or warm temperatures for better results. It doesn’t matter what type of rice you want to cook because it will turn out entirely.
Another Quality Zojirushi kitchen appliance! The Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 5-1/2-Cup Rice Cooker & Warmer features state-of-the-art Neuro-Fuzzy smart technology, letting the rice cooker know when to make slight adjustments to heating times and cooking/warming temperatures to produce the perfect rice for any rice or any recipe. Zojirushi recognizes today’s consumers’ desire for a healthy lifestyle.
At last, they’ve come up with the best Korean rice cooker that cooks brown rice to fluffy, soft perfection. No more chewy, hard brown rice with this smart cooker! Any chef will proudly display this stylish rice cooker with its sleek, rounded body.
- 5-1/2-cup computerized rice cooker and warmer with advanced Neuro Fuzzy logic technology. Wall mountable
- Multi-menu selections; automatic keep-warm, extended keep-warm, and reheat cycles. Electrical Rating - 120 volts / 680 watts
- Spherical, nonstick inner pan allows for uniform heating; LCD clock and timer; retractable cord
- Menu settings include white (regular/sushi, softer or harder), mixed, porridge, sweet, semi-brown, brown, rinse-free and quick cooking
- Measures approximately 14 by 8 by 9 inches; 1-year limited warranty, Dimensions (W x D x H) : 10-1/8 x 13 x 8-1/8 inches
- Includes 2 measuring cups, nonstick rice spoon/scooper, rice spoon holder, and recipes . NOTE: Please ensure to measure rice in the cup that comes along with the product ONLY
Although the Zojirushi NS-ZCC18 5.5-cup rice cooker is a little more expensive than most rice cookers, its Fuzzy Logic Technology and various cooking functions make the appliance worth every penny. It’s so easy to see why many users give this rice cooker a hearty thumbs-up. And for that, I highly recommend this rice cooker to others.
- To cook rice well, the most advanced technology and design characteristics
- Reasonable and Reliable
- Non-stick interior skillet
- Easy to clean
- Smoother and faster clean-up
- It includes a measuring cup for Asian size, which is overwhelming for other countries.
Cuckoo CR-0631F 6-cup Multifunctional Micom Rice Cooker & WarmerBudget Pick
|Dimensions||10 x 13 x 9 inches|
Cuckoo is one of the best Korean rice cookers known for making a range of kitchen appliances applied with advanced technology. Their 6-cup Multifunctional Micom rice cooker range has caught the eye of many people.
The CR-0631F model is one of the more popular units available on the market. Whoever found it reasonably priced makes it a very enticing buy for many people. But with such a budget price tag, it is a good purchase.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Features 8 menu options such as glutinous/white rice, GABA rice, mixed/brown rice, porridge, slow cook, reheat, and more amongst a revolutionary turbo function to have your white rice finished cooking in under 35 minutes!
- KITCHEN STAPLE: From small family gatherings to entertaining a few guests, this rice cooker provides the perfect serving amount with a 12-cup (cooked) capacity
- EASY TO USE: Effortlessly create meals with features like user-friendly digital controls, an LCD display, an included rice measuring cup for precise measuring, and Fuzzy Logic technology that is designed to cook rice flawlessly every time
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Featuring a non-toxic nonstick inner pot with superior durability, a detachable inner lid to occasionally remove and clean, and an excess water drainage tray—cooking and clean up are a breeze!
- TRUSTED BRAND: Internationally known for superior quality and with over 40 years of industry experience, CUCKOO has perfected the art of cooking rice and crafting products made with integrity
The rice cooked with excellent quality in this cooker provides much better features and functions at a better cost with so many convenient parts; Cuckoo CR-0631F 6-cup Multifunctional Micom Rice Cooker is versatile to recommend to you.
- Auto temperature detection
- Ten menu options
- Less capacity
Zojirushi NP-GBC05XT Induction Heating System Rice Cooker and WarmerBest Pick
|Dimensions||11.82 x 9.13 x 7.5 inches|
|Color||Stainless Dark Brown|
A 3-cup Korean rice cooker with different menu-cooking functions is the Zojirushi NP-GBC05XT. This gadget can cook as little as 1/2 cup of rice. This small rice cooker is great for you, whether you cook for yourself or a little family. The machine would not take up a lot of room on your kitchen counter because of its lightweight size.
Although the NP-GBC05XT is a little more costly than standard rice cookers, you will certainly always enjoy your perfectly cooked rice. This cooker will uniformly spread heat to the non-stick bowl due to the induction heating system. It feels sturdy and reliable in its thick, inner cooking pan.
The holding handle would make moving the device from one location to another convenient for you.
- 700-watt 3-cup rice cooker and warmer with Induction Heating technology. Note - Capacity is measured in the approx. 6 oz. / 180mL rice measuring cup, using raw short grain white rice. Other grains may vary.
- Menu settings include: white/mixed, sushi, porridge, brown, GABA brown, rinse-free and quick cooking. Electrical Rating- 120 volts / 700 watts
- Accessories include rice spatula, spatula holder and rice measuring cups;Detachable and washable stainless steel inner lid
- Capacity*: Up to 3 cups / 0.54 liter.Capacity is measured in the approx. 6 oz. / 180mL rice measuring cup, using raw short grain white rice. Other grains may vary
- Thick, spherical inner cooking pan; carrying handle; detachable cord; wash by hand. Dimensions (W x D x H) : 9.12 x 11.87 x 7.5 inches
- NOTE: Please ensure to measure rice in the cup that comes along with the product ONLY
Although the price of the Zojirushi NP-GBC05XT is indeed a little high, I think this rice cooker is worth splurging on with its multiple-menu cooking features, adjustable lid for quick cleaning, and induction heat device. With its 4.7/5 ratings, it’s evident that the users are pleased with their purchase and recommend the rice cooker to others.
- Non-sticky pot
- Easy cleaning and removable inner lid
- Convenient and easy to use
Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
|Dimensions||7.5 x 9.1 x 7.5 inches|
Zojirushi proudly presents this premium convenience-sized “smart” rice cooker. The Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup best Korean Rice Cooker & Warmer features the patented Neuro-Fuzzy smart micro-computer, which automatically adjusts heating times and cooking, warming, and reheating temperatures to give you the perfect rice for every occasion.
Zojirushi recognizes today’s choices for healthier lifestyles. Enjoy the taste along with the health benefits with this smart machine! This rice cooker is designed for the needs of smaller families and single servings.
- Easy-to-use single switch control
- See-through glass lid with stay cool knob
- Stay cool handles for easy transport
- Durable nonstick inner cooking pan
- Every Zojirushi rice cooker comes with a plastic measuring cup. This cup has a capacity of 6-ounces, or about 3/4 of a U.S. measuring cup. The capacity of the rice cooker is counted in these 6-ounce cups of uncooked short grain white rice. One 6-ounce cup of raw rice makes about 2 to 3, 6-ounce cups of cooked rice
With this rice cooker/steamer, plump, tender, and moist grains of rice can be yours, with the option of colorful steamed vegetables. Also, there is no need to worry about drying out rice and sticking to the saucepan, as the keep warm feature will retain optimum temperature and consistency until you are ready to eat. It is more useful for a single or small family.
- Cook great and do not stick
- Size is very convenient
- Easy to clean
- Reasonable price
- Small family kitchen gadget
- Not good for large families
Cuckoo CRP-P0609S 6 cups Electric Heating Pressure Rice Cooker & Warmer
|Dimensions||14.2 x 11.6 x 10.2 inches|
Cuckoo CRP-P0609S is the best Korean rice cooker, introduces something easy to clean, and will be good at even heating to make well-cooked foods. Either you’re looking for 6 cups rice cookers of appealing designs and appearances of something more useful.
Plump, tender, and moist grains of rice, with the option of colorful steamed veggies, can be yours with a Cuckoo CRP-P0609S cooker/warmer.
There is no need to worry about rice drying out and sticking to the saucepan, as they keep warm and function and maintain ideal temperature and consistency until you’re ready to serve. These rice cookers will enable you to save time in preparing the rest of the meal.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Its LED display panel has 12 menu options including pressure cook, GABA rice, brown rice, white rice, porridge, nu rung ji, and more to easily make a variety of different meals while its reheat function is optimal for leftovers
- EFFICIENT & SMART: Features simple touch controls, a preset timer, an auto-clean function, and Fuzzy Logic technology—the cooker will automatically detect and adjust its temperature and pressure accordingly for perfectly cooked rice every time
- SAFE STEAM RELEASE: Automatically releases pressure softly and quietly for a safe, convenient cooking experience and includes an overheating alarm that will alert you if the cooker's internal or external temperature is too high—your safety always comes first!
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Includes a stainless steel X-Wall inner pot with premium nonstick diamond coating that is designed for optimal heat distribution, is scratch-resistant, built to last and easy to clean
- TRUSTED KOREAN BRAND: Internationally known for superior quality and with over 40 years of industry experience, CUCKOO has perfected the art of cooking rice and crafting products made with integrity
With fast and compact cooking, the Cuckoo electric cooker is worth buying. Many options for cooking and safety features allow it a full set of safe and quality cuisine. Your smart kitchen can conveniently fit into this robust and lightweight build. This appliance costs a bit more but still provides certainty of a quality investment.
The review of Cuckoo CRP-P0609S is among the best reviews of Cuckoo cookers. You deserve excellent and safe food, the one that deserves the top ranking and wise.
- Good quality
- Long-term performance and durable
- 100% functionality
- Various cooking options
- The rice at the bottom of the pot would be challenging when you use the high-heat feature for cooking rice.
- Slightly heavy
Cuckoo CR-0655F Rice Cooker & Warmer
|Dimensions||9.4 x 8.6 x 13 inches|
A 6-cup rice cooker and warmer incorporating Micro Computerized Fuzzy Logic Technology is the best Korean Rice cooker. This technology helps the appliance change cooking temperature and time intuitively depending on the form of rice you are cooking.
The CR-0655F comes with multiple cooking functions that will allow you to cook grains in various ways, unlike conventional rice cookers that turn on and off.
The machine comes with a steaming basket to quickly steam tomatoes, dumplings, and fish. You may also make a cake by using the cake menu settings in the same cooker. It’s a bonus that it’s easy to clean and has a detachable cover.
- Unique 11 Menu Options: Enjoy popular menu options such as white (glutinous) rice, brown rice and porridge as well as versatile options such as steam and multi cook
- Ideal 6 Cup Capacity: The 6-cup (12 cups cooked) rice cooker provides the perfect serving amount for small gatherings or small to medium sized families
- Smart Micom Rice Cooker: Enjoy effortless cooking as the smart cooking algorithm is designed to automatically cook delicious rice every time!
- Customized Rice Cooking: Whether you enjoy sticky rice, soft rice, sweet rice, or savory rice, My Mode allows you to take control of your cooking with the 16 unique rice flavor and texture options
- Clean & Fresh: Keep your rice cooker clean and your rice tasting fresh with the removable nonstick inner pot, detachable inner lid, auto clean function, and excess water drainage dish
It is a multifunctional cooker of high efficiency. You can conveniently prepare rice, bake a cake, make soup, etc. The cooked food is rich in protein, tasty to taste, and full of flavors.
The cooker has become too advanced with the application of innovations in the rice cooker. With its distinctive characteristics and performance efficiency, it is a perfect purchase.
- Non-stick coating
- Quality and reliability
- Auto steamer for cleaning
- It takes such a long time to cook
Summary of Best Korean Rice Cookers
What is special about a Korean rice cooker?
There are a few things that make Korean rice cookers special. For one, they come with an in-built heating element and thermostat, so you can precisely control the cooking temperature and ensure that your rice comes out perfectly cooked every time. Secondly, many Korean rice cookers also have a “flavor infusion bowl,” which circulates the steam and heat around the pot to help infuse your rice with flavor.
What brand of rice cookers is the best?
There is no one “best” brand of the rice cooker. Factors affecting your decision include price, features, and the type of rice you want to cook.
Some higher-priced rice cookers come with various features, such as multiple cooking modes, automatic shut-off, or the ability to keep rice warm after it has been cooked. If you plan on cooking many different types of rice (or other grains), then a model with more bells and whistles may be a good fit for you.
If you’re looking for a basic model that cooks white or brown rice, many affordable options are available. Just make sure to choose one that corresponds to the size of your family.
Are all cuckoo rice cookers made in Korea?
Yes, all cuckoo rice cookers are made in Korea. Cuckoo is a Korean rice cooker known for making high-quality, technologically advanced rice cookers. All of their products are made in Korea, and they have a wide variety of products to choose from.
How do I choose a rice cooker?
When choosing a rice cooker, you’ll want to consider the size of the appliance, the features it offers, and your budget. Smaller models are great for people who live alone or don’t cook much rice. Larger models can cook more than one cup of rice at a time and are great for families or groups.
How long can I keep rice in a Korean rice cooker?
You can keep rice in a Korean rice cooker for a maximum of 24 hours. After that, the rice will start to spoil and will no longer be safe to eat. If you’re not sure when you’ll be able to eat the rice, it’s best to cook it fresh each time.