Let’s start by defining what a food processor is. A primary food processor has a bowl, a detachable cover, a base (which houses the motor), and a very sharp blade, at the very least. It’s essentially a super-powerful knife that excels in chopping, grinding, and shredding a wide range of items in a couple of seconds, from onions to nuts to hard cheeses. Carrots (carrot cake!), cabbage (slaw!), and potatoes (hash browns!) can all be shredded and sliced with this set of attachments. There are worldly extensions that can knead bread dough, juice veggies, fold laundry, and even pick up your kids from school.
If you do any meal prep, are afraid of sharp tools like mandolins and box graters, or are unsure about your knife skills, a food processor might be an excellent investment to make cooking more accessible and enjoyable.
What are the perks of purchasing a food processor?
In the kitchen, a food processor is like having an additional set of hands. They’re excellent for more time-consuming activities like slicing, grating, and chopping, and they’re beneficial for those with mobility difficulties. They’re great for various purposes and will save you time in the kitchen because they can handle many cooking duties.
In A Hurry Look At Our Top Picks:
Benefits of Shredding Cabbage with a Food Processor:
- It takes a lot of work and time to shred cabbage by hand. Using a food processor to shred cabbage, on the other hand, saves time and work.
- Similarly, manual shredding takes a long time, but a food processor can accomplish the work in seconds.
- Hand-shredded cabbage isn’t as refined as food processor-shredded cabbage.
- Your recipe will be more even if you shred the cabbage finely. Your sauerkraut will not taste mushy and crunchy in the same place.
- Benefits of Shredding Cabbage with a Food Processor:
- How Can We Put Food Processors to the Test?
- 7 Best Food Processors for Shredding Cabbage
- Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY14-Cup 14 Cup Food Processor
- Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor
- KitchenAid KFP0718CU Food Processor
- Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
- Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Stack & Snap Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
- ZYLISS Easy Pull Food Chopper and Manual Food Processor
- Buying Guide for the Best Food Processor for Shredding Cabbage
- Accessories & Add-ons
- Warranty and Durability
- What is the Difference Between a Blender and a Food Processor?
- Summary For 7 Best Food Processors for Shredding Cabbage
How Can We Put Food Processors to the Test?
We put each food processor through its paces, shredding carrots, cheese, and chocolate, as well as slicing cucumbers. We put their cutting skills to the test with onions, bread, whole hazelnuts, as well as beef mince. You should evaluate purée functions with chickpeas separately.
We also whip cream and make our mayonnaise. We mix pastry dough and cake batter to check how effectively each processor handles the kneading and mixing tasks and then bake them to see how the end product textures.
7 Best Food Processors for Shredding Cabbage
Are you planning on bringing coleslaw to a BBQ party? Would you like to create your sauerkraut? If that’s the case, have those cabbages chopped up first. And we all know how dirty and inconvenient doing it by hand can be.
Using a food processor is a smart option. When shredding cabbage by hand or with a mandolin, a good one can shred pounds of cabbage fast and effectively without making a mess.
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY14-Cup 14 Cup Food ProcessorStaff Pick
|Dimensions||11 x 7.9 x 14.8 inches|
Cuisinart’s food processor is a flexible tool that can solve a variety of cooking issues. The shredding blades aren’t adjustable, but they’re the perfect size for shredding cabbage neatly.
Dishwasher-safe stainless-steel blades save down on cleaning time and decrease the danger of accidental damage. A comprehensive instruction manual comes with the device.
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: Cuisinart’s 720-watt motor for our 14-cup large-capacity food processor can handle almost anything. Make any kind of dip, puree soup or sauce including hummus, salsa, guacamole - the possibilities are endless
- MUST HAVE FEATURES: The 14 cup food processor has an “on” and “off/pulse” buttons with a Lexan bowl, extra large feed tube with small and large pusher bowl sleeve assembly. Also a detachable disc stem for easy use and clean up. Cord length is 36-inches
- INCLUDED: Stainless steel standard slicing disc (4mm), medium shredding disc and stainless steel chopping/mixing blade. Also includes a spatula, instruction manual and recipe booklet with dishwasher-safe parts
- NOTE TO CONSUMER: Shredding and slicing blades are not adjustable. Please refer to the manual before set up
- FULL 5-YEAR WARRANTY: On motor with LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
The DFP-14 can mix, chop, slice, shred, knead, emulsify, puree, and mix the dough. This large capacity food processor speeds all cooking–from quick, weeknight meals to weekend celebrations. With the large 14-cup work bowl, extra-large feed tube, and safe dishwasher parts, there’s more time to share the delicious results with family and friends.
- Durable, Dependable, and Sized for Big Jobs
- Maximum Power
- Extra-large feed tube
- Stable and consistent stainless-steel blades
- Control paddles provide a single-touch experience.
- During the process, the blade dislodges.
- The bowl consists of plastic, which is readily scratched and stained.
Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food ProcessorBest Pick
|Dimensions||9.5 x 7.5 x 17 inches|
Breville’s BFP660SIL slicer, dicer, chopper, and shredder do it all. Although the twin shredder is sluggish, the steel blade is razor-sharp. It’s ideal for sauerkraut and other cabbage-based recipes.
This model also has several practical safety measures. The engine will not turn on until the bowl and lid are correctly secured. The cover is airtight, and the bowl does not have a central hole. As a result, there will be minimal to no spillage during shredding, making it a more convenient option than shredding by hand.
- Grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups
- 12 cup cap; BPA Free plastic work bowl; Safety braking system
- Large 5" wide feed chute eliminates need to precut most ingredients
- Momentary pulse button for maximum control and even processing
- 1000 watt induction motor offers great versatility and power in a compact size
It’s never been simpler to prepare with precision. This culinary workhorse is capable of slicing, dicing, chopping, shredding, and even kneading bread. The Sous Chef 12 will convert timely meal prep into a simple touch of a button with three feed chute choices and an adjustable slicer.
- Induction Motor
- Multiple Chute Options
- Adjustable Slicing Disc
- Micro-serrated S-Blade
- The bowl’s handle isn’t very adequate.
- Breville’s customer service is terrible.
KitchenAid KFP0718CU Food ProcessorBudget Pick
|Dimensions||7.87 x 9.65 x 15.35 inches|
The reason for this is that a 7-cup work bowl can’t hold essential ingredients. In contrast, the bowl has a unique design: it can be opened by simply clicking the lid. You can also fasten it without needing to be twisted.
There are three speed settings on this food processor: high, low, and pulse. Furthermore, the lighted LED controls make it simple to regulate the operations.
Finally, if you’re searching for a compact food processor that can handle trim materials, this is the most refined food processor for cabbage shredding.
- Easy to Use with a one-click, twist-free bowl assembly with a latched lid for easy set up.
- Easy to clean, sealed, leak-resistant work bowl; dishwasher-safe bowl, lid & accessories.
- Easy to Store with a compact design, in-bowl accessory storage and convenient cord wrap.
- 3 Speed Options (High, Low and Pulse) and easy-press paddles with illuminated LED controls
- Chop, Puree, Shred and Slice everything from cucumbers to tomatoes, cheeses and more with the reversible medium slicing/shredding disc and multi-purpose blade.
This 7-Cup Food Processor has a unique design that includes a one-click, twist-free bowl assembly and a latching lid that is simple to use and clean. You can use the bowl to store the blade and disc, which fit inside.
- High, low, and pulse speeds allow you to handle a range of components precisely.
- Easy to use, clean, and store
- The essential operation is made more accessible by the easy-to-press paddles and lighted LED controls.
- It can be processed using the lid’s 2-in-1 tube feed channel.
- After some period of use, it smells like burnt plastic
Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor
|Dimensions||9.25 x 7 x 5 inches|
|Color||Brushed Chrome and Nickel|
For little jobs like shredding, pulsing delicate fruits and vegetables, and chopping onions and other veggies, use this mini-prep food processor. This little machine is a decent option for individuals who don’t want to invest in heavy-duty equipment.
In general, this food processor is powerful and well-designed. It has two settings so you can adjust the pace to suit your needs, and it’s simple to clean and assemble. It features a handle and a 24-ounce work bowl.
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: The Cuisinart 250-watt mini prep plus food processor quickly chops and grinds with a patented reversible stainless-steel blade
- CONTROL: Push-button control panel with durable yet lightweight plastic body - Auto-reversing SmartPower blade for two powerful processing options
- EASY CLEAN UP: Dishwasher-safe bowl and lid for easy clean up, wipe the motor base clean with a damp sponge or cloth
- INCLUDED: Comes with a 24-ounce work bowl with handle, Stainless steel blade with sharp blunt edges, spatula and instruction/recipe book
- LIMITED 18-MONTH WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
The Mini-flexibility Prep stems from the Auto Reversing Smart Blade, making it simpler to process both soft and hard foods in the 24-ounce work bowl. From chopping veggies to precisely grinding hard cheese, the Mini-Prep Plus 24 Ounce Processor is the ideal tiny assistant for modest meal preparation.
- Smart Power blade that auto-reverse for two strong processing choices
- Stainless steel blade with sharp and blunt edges
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Touchpad controls are simple to use and maintain.
- It is not the best way to grind refined grains, coffee grinds, or other similar materials.
Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
|Dimensions||10.25 x 8.43 x 15.47 inches|
Hamilton Beach is one of the most well-known kitchen appliance companies in the world. Hamilton Beach’s food processor offers a lot of great features.
It has solved food becoming caught in the processor by including a bowl scraper attachment that scrapes the food as it is processed. The changeable slicing and shredding wheel on this food processor makes shredding cabbage or sliced cucumbers a breeze. It also chops, grinds, mixes, and purees with ease thanks to its two speeds and pulse control settings.
The construction and style of the large-sized work bowl with 10 cup capacity, BPA-free material, and extra-wide feed funnel is exceptional. Its 10-cup size is ideal for large meals.
- Bowl scraper attachment: Special attachment scrapes the sides of the bowl to keep ingredients close to the blades for more even results and to save you time when chopping or pureeing — no need to stop and remove the lid to use a spatula
- 10 cup capacity: The generous 10 cup bowl can handle large volumes of foods without having to stop to empty it
- Large feed chute: Can fit large foods like a whole block of cheese for quick, easy processing and less prep time
- Versatility of a food processor, food chopper and vegetable chopper: Reversible stainless steel disc slices and shreds, while the stainless steel s-blade chops, mixes and purees
- 2 speeds plus pulse and 450 watts of power: Food processor's low and high speeds plus pulse gives you the control you need for a variety of recipes
When chopping or pureeing, save time. Stopping to scrape down the edges of the bowl is one of the most aggravating aspects of food processing. All of this stopping and beginning is inefficient, especially when dinner has to be prepared.
When chopping or pureeing, the Hamilton Beach Bowl Scraper Food Processor saves time by eliminating the need to stop and remove the lid to dislodge food from the bowl’s edge. The built-in scraper performs the heavy lifting for you, and you may use it to process continuously whether the processor is on or not.
- You can reduce preparation time because of the large feed funnel.
- Bowl with a 10-cup capacity; ideal for most household culinary requirements.
- Reversible S-Blade and shredding/slicing disc for chopping, mixing and pureeing
- Bowl is BPA-free and dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- Its small size means it won’t take up all of your counter space.
- There isn’t a low-speed option for creating the dough.
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Stack & Snap Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
|Dimensions||9.55 x 8.76 x 16.25 inches|
The food processor from Hamilton Beach is well-made and durable. It’s capable of chopping, blending, shredding, and combining almost any ingredient you throw at it. You’ll never have to worry about over-processed food with the two different speeds and pulse features.
By interacting with the food, the BPA-free plastic food-pusher cuts every last bit of food without waste. Furthermore, all of the plastic that comes into touch with food is of the highest quality.
When compared to far more expensive versions, the motor provides enough power and will exceed your expectations.
- Prep the freshest ingredients: A powerful 450 watt motor and 2 speeds plus pulse control save you time and money
- Simple to assemble and use: Stack and snap design requires no difficult twisting or locking; A simple function guide is printed on the food processor for ease of use
- 12 cup capacity: Sealed bowl helps prevent leaks when mixing liquids; Dimensions (inches) 16.25 H X 9.55 W X 8.76 D; BPA free in all food zones
- Stainless steel blades: S-blade and reversible slice & shred disc chop, slice, shred, mix and puree just about anything
- Large feed chute: Big mouth feed chute fits whole foods for quick, easy processing and less prep time
Make it simple to prepare ingredients for all of your favorite recipes with this multifunctional machine. The Big Mouth feed tube eliminates pre-cutting, saving you time in the kitchen.
This enormous food processor includes a 12-cup sealed bowl with a pour spout to prevent spills and leaks while pouring ingredients. When the cord is not in use, it is stored in a convenient cord storage space, which helps to eliminate countertop clutter.
- Easy to assemble by stacking and snapping: The patent-pending design eliminates the need for severe twisting and locking.
- The Big Mouth feed tube reduces pre-cutting, and the sealed bowl with pour spout prevents leaks.
- Simple function guide
- The blades, bowl, and lid all are dishwashers.
- Cleaning the drainage tube might be challenging at times.
- It has a hard time evenly chopping highly tiny quantities.
ZYLISS Easy Pull Food Chopper and Manual Food Processor
|Dimensions||14.8 x 7.1 x 13.8 inches|
Do you want to get a little exercise while you’re prepping your ingredients? A manual food processor, such as the ZYLISS E910015U, is a good option. To swiftly spin the two blades, simply pull the easy-grip handle with the 2-foot rope. The more refined your end product is, the more times you remove it.
Even though it has a non-slip silicone base, keep the device steady with one hand while pulling with the other to avoid making a big mess. A versatile tool for chopping, preparing, blending, and pureeing ingredients. Sauces, smoothies, breadcrumbs, dips, salads, and even ice cream may be made using Easy Pull.
- Multi-blade designed food chopper blends ingredients in seconds
- Booster arms on the top and bottom of the bowl keep food from sticking
- Hand powered pull design is great for travel, small kitchens, RVs and camping. BPA free
- Use for chopping, preparing, blending and pureeing ingredients; makes great salsa
In a matter of seconds, you’ll have a delicious salsa! Zyliss has built a reputation for quality that dates back over 60 years, focusing on practicality, durability, design, cleanliness, and safety.
The ZYLISS E910015U only has a 3-cup capacity; it isn’t ideal for large-scale cooking. However, if you don’t have a lot of kitchen room, its small form and folding handle make it perfect. It’s even portable enough to take camping with you.
- You may wash the 25-ounce bowl and blades in the top rack of the dishwasher.
- For finely chopping all components, two blades spin in opposing directions. Food doesn’t stick to the booster arms on the top and bottom.
- For simple storage, the collapsible handle folds on top.
- Small flats, campers, and RVs will benefit from the basic design.
- Because the instructions aren’t in English, it’s challenging to figure out how to remove the plastic guard from the blades.
Buying Guide for the Best Food Processor for Shredding Cabbage
Before you buy a food processor for Shredding Vegetables, there are a few things you should look for:
A quality food processor will almost certainly become necessary in the kitchen because of its versatility and efficiency.
It can shred cabbage, create biscuit dough, purée baby food, grind spices, and chop up salsa components, among other things. However, before you go to the store, think about the following considerations to make sure you get the most refined food processor for your purposes.
Ensure the equipment you pick can manage the most complex duties, such as kneading stiff doughs, cutting fresh vegetables, or shredding a hard cheese. Otherwise, you risk the processor not cutting or mixing the ingredients evenly. Or, even worse, the motor fails. Look for a processor with a motor that is at least 600 watts for a full-sized processor (9 cups or bigger).
Food processors exist in various sizes, ranging from 3-cup choppers to 20-cup models capable of being used in a restaurant kitchen. The optimum size for you depends on the number of people you usually cook for and the dishes you’ll use to prepare.
An 11-cup size processor might be adequate if you’re frequently cooking for a household of four or making single-batch doughs. If you repeatedly chop minor amounts of herbs or nuts or make small batches of sauces, look for a processor with a small work bowl and blade, or get a second 3-cup “prep” processor.
Most food processors feature only one motor speed and a tiny tube hole at the top that allows you to add other ingredients effortlessly. They generally come with a “pusher” that goes into this tube and serves as a cap, as well as helping to feed more significant objects and keeping fingers safe.
Check to see whether the machine you pick has a “pulse” button for short spurts of power (suitable for rough chopping or quick dough kneading). A smooth touchpad for the controls, which is more straightforward to clean than raised buttons, as well as dishwasher-safe parts, are features you’ll like (although we recommend hand-washing blades to keep them from dulling).
Accessories & Add-ons
Some food processors come with a slew of extras designed to help you get the most out of your equipment. Varied-sized work basins and blades, disks that slice and grate foods to different degrees of thickness, and even attachments and speed settings that transform the processor into a citrus juicer or a bread dough kneader are just a few examples. Consider if you’d genuinely utilize all of the bells and whistles before spending the additional money on a machine with them.
Warranty and Durability
Choose food processors with a substantial weight, so they don’t bounce all over your counter when you’re using them. Some models come with suction cup feet as well.
It’s difficult to judge a unit’s endurance only based on its appearance. You may look through the reviews to get an idea of how long it will last. At the same time, for a warranty, you’ll want to purchase a food processor with a guarantee commensurate with its cost.
But, in the end, the selection is based on your preferences and budget constraints.
What is the Difference Between a Blender and a Food Processor?
Food processors are better for solid foods, whereas blenders are better for liquids. Blenders do not have as sharp a blade as food processors, which allow for finely chopped and integrated food while still retaining some texture (i.e., pesto). Avoid preparing soup (or anything else with a lot of liquid) in a food processor since the bowls have a limited liquid capacity.
Consider what texture you’d like your finished product to have—blend liquids with a blender. If you’re preparing anything thicker, a food processor is a way to go. Blender jug attachments are available on some of the most flexible food processors, which is a fantastic way to save space, money, and time.
Food processors are must-have kitchen equipment for bakers and chefs, while blenders are more versatile and may be used to make smoothies, soups, and unusual drinks. These gadgets, however, are not mutually exclusive. You’ll probably need both types of equipment in your kitchen if you do a lot of cooking and baking. There isn’t much of a difference between blenders and food processors because of their designs and technological developments.
We looked at the most delicate food processors for shredding cabbage in this article. We’d like to emphasize once more that shredding cabbage in a food processor saves time.
Also, if the only work you’ll be doing is shredding cabbage, you won’t need a powerful food processor.
Of course, if you want to honor your shredded cabbage quality, the shredding disc attachment is a must.
We’ve done our best to provide you with even the tiniest details about each product. Choose one of them and enjoy coleslaw, hash browns, pizzas, salads, and more to make your life simpler.
Summary For 7 Best Food Processors for Shredding Cabbage
Last update on 2022-02-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API