Let’s define hummus just to be sure we’re all on the same page. If you haven’t heard of it before, Hummus is a delicious Middle Eastern dip prepared with the help of a food processor to assort mashed chickpeas mixed with tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. Olive oil, a few whole chickpeas, parsley, and paprika are common Middle Eastern garnishes. Typically, it’s served with pita bread in Middle Eastern cuisine.
So, if you want to enjoy this Middle Eastern delicacy, don’t wait to enjoy this steadiness; choose the most refined and best food processor for hummus that will help you blend the components correctly.
Health and Hummus:
Hummus has a significant amount of fiber and protein, among other nutrients. Chickpeas or hummus eaters consume more fiber, unsaturated fat, antioxidant vitamins, magnesium, potassium, and iron, according to 2016 research.
- Increased protein consumption
- Blood sugar balance
- Appetite control
Hummus may be a healthy addition to your diet. People who don’t enjoy Hummus can get the nutrients they need from other high-protein meals like almonds or lentils.
At a Glance:
Which Food Processor is the Best to Buy?
Are you looking for the best food processor for making your favorite Hummus?
There are many different types of food processors on the market. When choosing the finest, you must exercise caution. The food processor’s blade discs are the foundation upon which the entire machine is built. It must be flawless for you to cook your meal with ease.
There are food processors on the market that range in price from $50 to $500 and have various features and sizes. However, the most significant food processor should have the skills to create meals like a pro.
So, bear in mind that when choosing a food processor, pay attention to each function. It will be imperative. Additionally, the benefits and drawbacks will assist you further. You may also make a comparison of several models to get the best food processor.
- Health and Hummus:
- Which Food Processor is the Best to Buy?
- Our Recommendations For Best Food Processor for Hummus
- Best Food Processor for Hummus:
- Breville BFP800CBXL Food Processor
- Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY14-Cup 14 Cup Food Processor
- Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor
- BLACK+DECKER 8-Cup Food Processor
- Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor
- Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
- Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor
- Buying Guide for the Best Food Processor for Hummus
- Buttons and Blades
- Hummus Recipe:
- Final Thoughts
- Summary For 6 Best Food Processors for Hummus
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our Recommendations For Best Food Processor for Hummus
Best Food Processor for Hummus:
We’ve compiled a list of the best food processors for making Hummus.
The food processors we choose are multifunctional and may be used to mix a variety of different foods. Hummus is a delicious dip to serve with chips, rice, or salad. It also has a lot of nutritional value. Protein, vitamin, and mineral content are all high in Hummus. If you want to make your hummus dip, you’ll need a food processor. It will be less expensive, and you will be able to check its purity.
Breville BFP800CBXL Food ProcessorStaff Pick
|Dimensions||10.25 x 8 x 17.75 inches|
Every Breville product starts with a single brilliant moment. The Breville Sous Chef was inspired by the fact that food comes in various shapes and sizes, making it impossible for a single machine to chop all components consistently. So, how do you know you’re getting the right size for what you’re cooking?
With its one-of-a-kind design, the Breville Sous Chef addresses this problem. Its broad feed tube allows it to slice veggies of all shapes and sizes, and the many disc and blade choices make it simple to achieve flawless results no matter how you slice them.
- Comes with 5 multi-function discs and 3 blades out of the box
- 5.5 inch super-wide feed chute reduces the need to pre-cut most fruits and vegetables
- BPA-free processing bowls; 16 cup (3.8L) large bowl; 2.5 cup (600ml) small processing bowl
- LCD display displays count-up and count-down auto timer
- Accessory storage box can be stored horizontally or vertically based on storage space.Cleaning: Dishwasher safe parts
The key to beautiful appearance, uniform cooking, and exquisite taste is a consistent size. This machine produces precision every time, whether you’re making nut butter, slicing vegetables, or doing any other chopping, dicing, shredding, or kneading.
The Sous Chef 16 Pro delivers professional prep to any kitchen with three feed chute choices and eight precise tools.
- Various Chute Options
- Heavy-duty induction motor
- Count-Up and Count-Down Timer on LCD Display
- Multidirectional timer for easy storage
- The material is plastic
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY14-Cup 14 Cup Food ProcessorBest Pick
|Dimensions||11 x 7.9 x 14.8 inches|
Take a look at the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY if you want an all-around food processor that can handle a variety of jobs (not only Hummus). It makes excellent Hummus and has a wide range of uses at an affordable price.
The food processor can handle vast amounts of food in a short amount of time. The 14-cup bowl and extra-large feed tube are easy to clean, and you can put the majority of the pieces in the dishwasher.
It includes a 14-cup work bowl, a 4mm stainless steel medium slicing disc, a stainless-steel shredding disc, a chopping/mixing blade, a spatula, and a recipe book.
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: Cuisinart’s 720-watt motor for our 14-cup large-capacity food processor can handle almost anything. Make any kind of dip, puree soup or sauce including hummus, salsa, guacamole - the possibilities are endless
- MUST HAVE FEATURES: The 14 cup food processor has an “on” and “off/pulse” buttons with a Lexan bowl, extra large feed tube with small and large pusher bowl sleeve assembly. Also a detachable disc stem for easy use and clean up. Cord length is 36-inches
- INCLUDED: Stainless steel standard slicing disc (4mm), medium shredding disc and stainless steel chopping/mixing blade. Also includes a spatula, instruction manual and recipe booklet with dishwasher-safe parts
- NOTE TO CONSUMER: Shredding and slicing blades are not adjustable. Please refer to the manual before set up
- FULL 5-YEAR WARRANTY: On motor with LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
The Cuisinart 14-cup food processor is ideal for making Hummus. It is one of the best and most cheap hummus processors available. Trust this processor to turn chickpeas, lemon, tahini, and other flavorful seasonings into a pleasant nutritious dip to serve with pita bread.
- The blades are long-lasting and capable of delivering consistent results throughout a wide range of activities.
- There is no need to pre-cut entire herbs and vegetables since the feed funnel is large enough.
- A 14-cup bowl can create fantastic dishes like Hummus in a short amount of time.
- Built of long-lasting, high-quality materials, it’s easy to use and easy to maintain.
- Some people may find it challenging to use
- It isn’t very adept at producing dough
Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food ProcessorBudget Pick
|Dimensions||14.9 x 11.3 x 15.4 inches|
With the World’s Top Rated 12 Cup Food Processor, you may enjoy cooking and baking to your heart’s content!
Whether professional or not, every cook is familiar with the constant slicing, chopping, shredding, and mixing that occurs in the kitchen. You can save a lot of time using a food processor instead of a knife to perform all of these things.
The well-known Braun brand created the most functional food processor with a wide range of equipment for your convenience. Here’s what they’ve got in store for you.
- The processing bowl is attached to the motor base.
- The processor will not turn on until the lid is fastened securely.
- It's used for chop, slice, whisk and knead, or even get a vitamin boost with the juicer attachment
- DualControl system with variable speed: The pre-set speed function ensures immediate and very even results, without ramping up through all speeds. Processing starts directly at any of 11 speeds you choose, for even more control over performance
- Easy to clean: Every part (except the base with the motor) is dishwasher safe
- Power and Voltage: Rated Powerful 600 watt motors for Processing - 110V For USA
- One year warranty from the manufacturer
When functioning, many food processors produce a lot of noise. Braun (FP 3020) has a motor that is both efficient and quiet. Anyone who likes Hummus knows how much chopping, mixing and grinding it takes. It is the most satisfactory food processor for making Hummus since it saves time and produces excellent results.
- Safety guaranteed. The processor will not turn on until the lid is completely closed.
- It’s simple to put together and use.
- Works in the background.
- Because it is energy efficient, it uses very little electricity.
- Its small size makes it simple to store.
- Bit expensive
BLACK+DECKER 8-Cup Food Processor
|Dimensions||11.26 x 7.8 x 15.67 inches|
Black & Decker is a pretty straightforward brand. The motor starts by pushing the button, and the off-switch acts as a pulse button when held down.
There are also locking safety features on the Black & Decker that prohibit it from functioning until everything has been set up correctly. Apart from the base, everything is dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze.
- 8-Cup Work Bowl - Plent of room to work with
- Food Chute with Pusher - Helps guide food towards the slicing/shredding disk while the processor is going, for consistent results
- Dishwasher-Safe Removable Parts
- Safety Interlocking System - Blades operate only when the lid is securely attached to the bowl
The BLACK + DECKER 8-cup Food Processor, powered by 450 watts, is ideal for chopping, dicing, mincing, slicing, and more! The 8-cup work bowl holds a lot of whatever delicious dish you make, and all of the removable parts are dishwasher safe, so cleanup is a breeze.
Using the food chute, add food to the processor while it’s running. For consistent results, the pusher directs food towards the slicing/shredding disk.
- From my shortlist, the cheapest food processor for Hummus.
- It’s simple to keep putting ingredients into the bowl with the help of a food pusher.
- Attachment storage is made more accessible with the reversible cutting blade.
- The product is an intriguing alternative for the safety-conscious due to the locking mechanisms.
- You may wash all removable parts in the dishwasher.
- With an 8-cup capacity, this is a modest capacity. It’s just suitable for preparing tiny amounts of Hummus.
Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus 4-Cup Food Processor
|Dimensions||11 x 9 x 6 inches|
From chopping herbs to grinding hard cheese, the Mini-Prep Plus 24 Ounce Processor is the ideal tiny assistant for modest meal preparation. The Mini-flexibility Prep stems from the Auto Reversing Smart Blade, making it simpler to process both soft and hard foods in the 24-ounce work bowl.
The Mini-Prep Plus is as easy to clean as it is to look great with a wipe-clean touchpad and dishwasher-safe detachable components.
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: The Cuisinart 250-watt mini prep plus food processor quickly chops and grinds with a patented reversible stainless-steel blade
- CONTROL: Push-button control panel with durable yet lightweight plastic body - Auto-reversing SmartPower blade that chops and grinds for two powerful processing options
- EASY CLEAN UP: Dishwasher-safe bowl and lid for easy clean up, wipe the motor base clean with a damp sponge or cloth
- INCLUDED: Comes with a 4-cup work bowl with handle, Stainless steel blade, spatula and instruction/recipe book
- LIMITED 18-MONTH WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
The Mini-Prep Plus 4 Cup Food Processor is a stylish addition to any kitchen, with its brushed metal finish. For simpler prepared meals any day of the week, use the automated reversing blade to chop or grind your way through any recipe’s prep labor. This tool comes in handy while preparing meals regularly.
- Blades that are automatically reversing
- Auto touch panel that is hidden
- The blade and base consist of stainless steel.
- At the press of a button, you may chop or grind.
- The work bowl holds 24 ounces and has a handle.
- SmartPower blade that auto-reverse for two strong processing choices
- Touchpad controls are simple to use and maintain.
- Small working bowl
Hamilton Beach Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
|Dimensions||10.25 x 8.43 x 15.47 inches|
The Hamilton Beach 10 Cup is the ideal choice if all you want to do is prepare Hummus and other small-batch items. With a wide feed chute and the usual stainless-steel S-blade, as well as a double-sided disc for slicing and shredding, this is the best of the small-scale food processors.
In the end, it’s a great, low-cost alternative that you can probably rely on to create good Hummus.
- Bowl scraper attachment: Special attachment scrapes the sides of the bowl to keep ingredients close to the blades for more even results and to save you time when chopping or pureeing — no need to stop and remove the lid to use a spatula
- 10 cup capacity: The generous 10 cup bowl can handle large volumes of foods without having to stop to empty it
- Large feed chute: Can fit large foods like a whole block of cheese for quick, easy processing and less prep time
- Versatility of a food processor, food chopper and vegetable chopper: Reversible stainless steel disc slices and shreds, while the stainless steel s-blade chops, mixes and purees
- 2 speeds plus pulse and 450 watts of power: Food processor's low and high speeds plus pulse gives you the control you need for a variety of recipes
Food preparation is made much easier with a food processor that scrapes the edges of its bowl. When you’re on the go, a portable food processor for Hummus is a great way to make your healthy food at home. There’s no need to scrape your Hummus from the bowl sides with the Hamilton Beach food processor. It comes with a bowl scraper that scrapes food from the edges of the bowl, saving time.
- The bowl scraper shortens the time it takes to prepare food.
- The ample feed space allows large items to fit without having to be precut.
- There’s no uncertainty when it comes to disc attachment because they’re designated.
- The large-capacity bowl can hold up to 10 cups at once. It allows you to make enormous quantities of meals quickly.
- The bowl consists of plastic, which is readily scratched and stained.
Oster FPSTFP1355 2-Speed 10-Cup Food Processor
|Dimensions||8.7 x 9.4 x 16.4 inches|
With the Oster 10-Cup Food Processor, you can take your culinary abilities to the next level. This electric food processor’s 500-watt motor ensures that many of your kitchen activities, such as chopping, mixing, and grinding, are completed in minutes.
This food processor provides you total control over the food you’re processing, thanks to its two-speed settings. You may use pulse control to ensure that the food is not over-processed.
- 500-Watt Motor with 2 Speeds and Pulse Control buttons
- 5" Wide, Large-Mouth Food Chute w/Food Pusher
- Reversible slicing/shredding disc
- 10 Cup Capacity Work Bowl with locking lid
- Includes Dough Blade
Chop, shred, slice, and knead the ingredients. Enjoy your time in the kitchen once again with quick and easy prep work.
Oster Total Prep 10-Cup Food Processor with Dough Blade, you can confidently cook any dish. Consider making fresh pizza at home with the dough blade and the slicing and shredding disc to prepare the toppings. You may recreate what you currently make and enjoy new dishes you’ve never tried before, thanks to the effort done with Oster Total Prep.
- It is ideal for those who are concerned about their safety because it has several locking mechanisms.
- Preparation time is cut in half thanks to a comprehensive feed funnel.
- There are no longer any large chunky buttons for a variety of operating modes.
- For the next time, all of the accessories will fit neatly inside the 10-cup bowl.
- If you don’t hold it down, it will move about a lot on the counter.
- After you’ve finished creating dough, there are a lot of cleanups to perform.
Buying Guide for the Best Food Processor for Hummus
There are a variety of alternatives available here. Any food processor will make Hummus, but each brand has its own set of benefits.
With that in mind, there are a few things you should consider before making your final choice.
Power isn’t always an issue when using a food processor, depending on what you’re preparing.
Several recipes don’t necessitate the use of high-powered equipment.
When it comes to Hummus, one of the more potent varieties is usually your best bet. Hummus contains many different components, even at its most basic level, so there’s a lot of mixing involved, especially if you want to add more complex ingredients like walnuts or almonds. As a result, make sure you get a machine with a powerful motor. Also, make sure you’re purchasing high-quality blades.
If you get a terrific engine, but the blades aren’t up to par, you’ll be disappointed. Even if you have an incredible engine, you’ll wind up with a mediocre mix if the blades aren’t up to par.
When you have a food processor with a powerful motor, durability is exceptionally crucial.
It may appear absurd, but believe me when I say that this is a severe issue. Food processors of poor construction tend to fall off the counter while the engine is operating.
One that is robust and durable, perhaps with a great, weighted foundation, is what you require.
Long-term durability is also essential in a food processor. You don’t want someone who quits after a year of creating delicious Hummus. The more durable the product, the less likely this is to occur, so don’t be afraid to go for the larger models.
For some less demanding recipes, a small food processor would suffice, but it’s essential to go big for making great Hummus.
On that point, let’s speak about the pros and cons of large and tiny computers. Hummus has the advantage of being a nutritious alternative to a variety of different spreads and dips.
Once you’ve had a taste for it, you’ll most likely crave it frequently. As a result, you’ll need a food processor that can make enough of it to meet your demands.
It necessitates selecting one with a more extensive work basin. Otherwise, you’ll have to prepare many batches of Hummus or eat it less frequently, which is not an option in my house!
Get a food processor with a large bowl to make things easier. Of course, this will take up extra room in the cabinet and on the counter, but it will be well worth it in the long run.
Buttons and Blades
If you want to make Hummus with your food processor, the pulse button is vital, and needs to be discovered. This button produces brief, strong pulsations that allow you to better manage the texture of your Hummus (and other dips) while you create them, preventing them from being liquefied. In my experience, the normal S-blade that comes with every food processor is enough for creating Hummus. Still, some machines offer extras, such as a shredding disc and a chopping blade, which might be helpful if your hummus recipe calls for walnuts.
On a black dish with a grey stone background, Hummus, chickpea dip with spices, and pita, flatbread.
Yes, I am aware. It is the section that everyone despises. This is the part that almost makes it unworthy of cooking. Maybe that’s an exaggeration, but it’s no secret that no one enjoys cleaning up. As a result, I recommend doing all you can to reduce the work you have to perform.
The bowls and blades of a food processor may sometimes be placed directly in the dishwasher, which is quite convenient.
However, this isn’t always an option for specific models, even the better ones. You’ll probably have to clean the work bowls by hand at the very least.
The best-case scenario for reducing elbow grease is to get a machine with dishwasher-safe blades and discs. You’ll just have to hand-wash the bowls, lid, and motor this way.
Food processors with the most possibilities are the best. However, the basic requirement choices are critical. Different blade discs and attachments might help you do more. The use of a few functionalities will be limited. As a result, you will be unable to complete the assignments.
Choose a food processor that is simple to clean. This element makes it easier to clean up the debris and increases the life of machine parts.
We came up with a simple hummus recipe that we feel is preferable to everything else. It’s also vegan and created with authentic and nutritious ingredients. The following are the components in a simple hummus recipe:
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Cumin powder
Some individuals like fresh chickpeas in their Hummus. Simply cook the chickpeas after draining them, then purée with the rest of the hummus ingredients.
- Combine the tahini and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, then process for another 30 seconds. This extra time aids in the “whipping” or “creaming” of the tahini, resulting in smooth and creamy Hummus.
- Toss the whipped tahini and lemon juice with olive oil, chopped garlic, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and then process for another 30 seconds, or until thoroughly combined. The chickpeas should be opened, drained, and rinsed—process half of the chickpeas for 1 minute in a food processor. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, then add the remaining chickpeas and process for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thick and smooth.
- The Hummus will most likely be overly thick or include tiny pieces of chickpea. To remedy this, steadily add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the food processor while running until you achieve the desired consistency.
Salt to taste and adjust as necessary. With a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of paprika, serve the Hummus. Refrigerate homemade Hummus for up to one week in an airtight container.
Note: People may also add salt to the dish, although this may not be the best option for those trying to cut back on their salt intake. A person may choose to add some of the alternative ingredients listed below to add extra taste.
Other things can be added to the Hummus to modify the flavor or to serve as a garnish. Among the possibilities are:
- Red peppers, crushed
- Red peppers in a roasted-soy sauce
- Cloves of garlic
- Pine nuts, roasted
- Jalapenos, sliced
- Sun-dried tomatoes
So, which food processor is the best? While the food processor brands and models we evaluated have a lot in common, we determined that the best food processor for Hummus delivers the best combination of cost and function after evaluating each of their features and taking a complete inventory of the pros and drawbacks.
At home, you may make Hummus quickly. All you’ll need is a good food processor to make smoother Hummus. All of the food processors on this list are versatile and may work for various tasks other than Hummus. I hope you find a good food processor that will suit your needs and those of your family.
Summary For 6 Best Food Processors for Hummus
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to prepare Hummus in a food processor?
Combine the tahini and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, then process for another 30 seconds. This extra time aids in the “whipping” or “creaming” of the tahini, resulting in smooth and creamy Hummus.
Is Hummus better made in a food processor or a blender?
You may make Hummus in a food processor or a high-powered blender.
To prepare Hummus, what size food processor do I need?
Larger bowl sizes containing 11 to 14 cups might better accommodate individuals preparing Hummus for an enormous household. A 3- to 4-cup mini food processor takes up very little space but can only make small batches of Hummus.
How powerful should a food processor’s motor be?
If you’re only chopping using a food processor, you won’t need much power. However, a 500 to 1000 watts motor should suffice to make the dough and do other tasks.
Is it possible to make Hummus without using a food processor?
Yes, you can make Hummus in a high-powered blender. It is not essential to use a food processor.
How long will homemade Hummus keep?
There are no preservatives in homemade Hummus. So, even if you keep it in the fridge, it won’t survive more than four to five days.
What Is the Secret to the Best Hummus Recipe?
It’s genuinely that simple. It refers to the sequence in which items are added to your food processor. It’s genuinely that simple. First, add the tahini and lemon juice. Turn on the food processor and let it run for a minute or so before adding anything else.
What exactly is Hummus, and what tools do you need to prepare it?
Hummus is one of the easiest and most popular eastern meals, generally served as a dip. Chicken peas, sesame seeds, lemon juice, and garlic are combined in this dish. These five essential components, together with some delicious spices, are all you need. A delicious hummus is ready to be considerably better than store-bought by adding a few basic spices to the key components. What kind of tools do you need to produce Hummus? You will require a strong food processor for smoother and silkier Hummus.
What Is the History of Hummus?
Hummus has been around for a long time. As a result, pinpointing its specific origin might be difficult.
However, we do know that the meal was initially popular in the Middle East.
According to Wikipedia, you may find the earliest known recipes for Hummus in Cairo-published cookbooks from the 13th century.
Is it possible to freeze Hummus?
You may store Hummus in the freezer for up to four months. It takes at least a few hours to defrost Hummus before it’s suitable to consume, and it can take longer depending on how much you have frozen in the container, which is why you shouldn’t freeze vast amounts of Hummus. Toss it Around: Stir the dip once it has thawed.
How long can Hummus be kept in the fridge?
If you buy store-bought Hummus, I can only advise you to keep it until the expiration date.
You may keep Hummus in the refrigerator for up to five days if you make it at home.
If you refrigerate the Hummus in an airtight container, the quality of the Hummus will dramatically increase later in the week.
In hummus, what can I use instead of tahini?
Cashew butter or almond butter is the best tahini substitute.
Last update on 2022-02-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API